1. I would like to convey in this letter my heartfelt/sincere/earnest/cordial thanks/gratitude to you for…
2. I’m writing to express/convey my heartfelt/sincere gratitude for your generous/kind help/your guidance over the past years.
3. I’m writing to convey my sincere gratitude for your warm reception and care when.... If it hadn’t been your kindness, I wouldn’t have enjoyed my summer camp so much.
4. With the deepest gratitude and respect,/Touched and thankful, I’m writing to you for your unselfish assistance.
- I’d like to convey my heartfelt gratitude for your selfless assistance/devotion, without which I couldn’t have done...
- If it hadn’t been your kindness/encouragement/valuable advice/assistance/instruction, I wouldn’t have (made
such great progress/enjoyed it so much/such positive changes.)
7. You really added great to my convenience and pleasure of the whole trip.
8. Thank you very much for your kind hospitality (n. 好客,熱情招待) and the honor you showed me during my visit.
9. It was with your help that I made such rapid progress in English. (強調句型)
10. If it had not been for your (help/guidance/ assistance), I wouldn’t have (won the prize)
11. But for/Without your (help/guidance/ assistance), I wouldn’t have (won the prize) (虛擬)
12. My true gratitude is beyond the words’ description./Words fail to express my gratitude deep in my heart.
13. Please accept my sincere thanks for your help, which I will never forget.
14. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I could do to pay you back.
15. Please accept my sincere thanks for your caring and efforts, which I’ll never forget.
- 表示感謝； 2. 回顧Alex對你的幫助； 3. 臨別祝愿。
I’m extremely grateful for your generous help with my English.
Our time spent together in China has been so delightful! I vividly remember your patient attitude at our awkward first meeting when I struggled even with the most basic dialogues. Your continuous encouragements helped me get out of my comfort zone and speak in English with increasing confidence. Thanks to you, my progress was so rapid that even my teacher at school praised me on my improvements.
I wish you plenty of pleasure in your life at home.
1．表示感謝； 2．回顧他對你的照顧和幫助； 3．邀請他來中國游覽。
- 表示感謝； 2. 回顧Mr.Smith對你的幫助； 3. 表達祝愿。
Now I know clearly that you both are expecting me anxiously. I can say nothing but thanks to you both on this special occasion, because words have failed me when I want to express thanks to you both for the loving care you have shown for me, especially since I went to Senior three. These days I have been studying hard and have made some progress. And everything has got along well with my college entrance examination. I have performed my ability in this exam. I hope you both can set your mind at rest.
After this exam, I intend to help you do some housework which I have seldom done before. And I also mean to learn to cook in order to prepare a dinner for you both in person.
My dear parents, everything is going on well with me and do have a rest!
1. 表示感謝； 2. 回顧丟失和找到的過程； 3. 再次表示感謝。
Dear Mr. Smith,
I'm Li Hua, a student from Xinhua Middle School. I’m writing to thank you for your returning my schoolbag.
Last Sunday afternoon, after I played basketball with my friends in the playground, I left my schoolbag there owing to my carelessness. I was worried because my student's ID card, cellphone, wallet and some documents were all in it, which were very important to me. Just as I was at a loss, I was informed that my schoolbag was at the school's Lost and Found, where I knew it was you who had picked up my schoolbag and handed it in.
It’s such a great kindness that I’m extremely grateful to you. You did set a good example to us.
How is everything going? I've been back home safe and sound now. Thank you very much for your kind hospitality and the honor you showed me during my visit.
It was your help and kindness that made my stay special and enjoyable. Thanks to your help, I gradually got used to the lifestyle while I was in England. Besides, you helped me practice speaking English with patience every day, which enabled me to improve my spoken English promptly.
With the deepest gratitude and respect, I cordially invite you to come to China. Best wishes.(94字)
Dear Mr. Smith,
I’ve taken first place in the English contest of our school. I’d like to convey my thanks from the bottom of my heart for your generous help, without which I couldn’t have made it.
During my preparation for the contest, you helped polish my speech draft patiently several times, enabling me to be more confident and contributing a lot to my success. Here I especially thank you for the dictionary you offered me as a gift, which I will value and make full use of.
Many thanks again. Wish you all the best.(99字)
Dr. Mr. Smith,
I’m writing to tell you the good news that I have won first place in the English Speech Contest in our school. I really appreciate your guidance and help.
Looking back on the process of preparing for the contest, I will never forget the help you offered to me. Not only did you correct my wrong pronunciation, but you also recommended wonderful English speech videos for me to imitate. Plus, it was your constant encouragement that inspired me to be confident, which played a vital role in my success.
Many thanks again and wish you all the best.(100字)