Words：528 難度系數：★★★ 建議用時：15分鐘
Our family finally managed to get together, but in a few days we scattered(散開) again to the ends of the earth, and I will begin my new job in a new city. My family has never been __1__ in this way. When I think about the __2__ future, my heart felt grayish.
When I __3__ in the morning, it was raining outside and the sky was as __4__ as my mood. My daughter __5__ the new skirt that her uncle bought and she flew around the departure hall in the __6__ and drew a small and beautiful picture in the dim crowd.
The airplane had a good __7__ of newspapers, magazines, television programmes, food and drinks. The meal even __8__ a serving of Haagen-Dazs ice cream. This small present brightened me up __9__ .The gentle smile of the stewardess (空姐) was as beautiful as the __10__ after the rain.
When I __11__ the airplane, the language that entered my __12__ was completely different from what I was __13__ three hours ago. Although the street lights were as __14__ as Allentown’s，the different clothes and expressions of the people __15__ me that I am in a new world. I stood in the busy streets like Alice __16__ the world in a fairy tale. My heart was __17__ with puzzlement about the indefinite future and longing for the new life. When I __18__ being able to do what I like once more ，that I will make new __19__ and that I can enjoy the fun of exploration, I could not __20__ to think about starting my new life.
1．A. separated B．gathered
2．A. bright B．exciting
3．A. stood up B．got up
C．stayed up D．woke up
4．A. clear B．high
5．A. dressed B．wore
6．A. station B．airport
7．A. offer B．number
8．A. included B．contained
9．A. successfully B．especially
10．A. rainbow B．ground
11．A. got on B．got off
C．left away D．took off
12．A. mouth B．eyes
13．A. finding B．learning
14．A. long B．well
15．A. told B．reminded
16．A. visiting B．travelling
17．A. strict B．filled
18．A. set about B．set out
C．thought over D．thought about
19．A. friends B．enemies
20．A. wait B．help
1. 解析：選A。我們家人將要分散到世界的各個地方， 所以選“分離， 分開”。
2. 解析：選C。由my heart felt grayish作者心情灰暗， 可見未來是不確定的。
3. 解析：選D。既然外面雨下得很大， 不需要get up起床后才發現， wake up醒過來就發現了。
5. 解析：選B。女兒穿著一件新裙子。dress搭配只能是dress sb.，所以選B。
7. 解析：選C。a good supply of sth.提供；offer指的是be willing to give, 自愿供給。
8. 解析：選A。食物很多， 甚至包括一份冰淇淋。
11. 解析：選B。三個小時下飛機后 get on上飛機；上車。
14. 解析：選C。街燈像Allentown地方一樣的明亮。well是副詞， 所以不選。
15. 解析：選B。提醒， 使……想起。
16. 解析：選D。我就像漫游仙境中的愛麗絲一樣在探險新世界。不能選travelling和wandering, 他們后面要接介詞。
17. 解析：選B。be filled with, 我心里被不確定的未來的困惑所填滿。
18. 解析：選D。但是我一想到能夠和以前一樣做喜歡做的事情， 探險新世界， 我就迫不及待地想開始新的生活。
19. 解析：選A。make friends交朋友。
20. 解析：選A。can’t wait to...迫不及待地。
Why play games? Because they are fun, and a 1ot more besides. Following the rules…planning your next move...acting as a team member…these are all “game” ideas that you will come across throughout your life.
Think about some off the games you played as a young child, such as rope-jumping and hide-and-seek. Such games are entertaining and fun. But perhaps more importantly, they translate life into exciting dramas that teach children some of the basic rules they will be expected to follow the rest of their lives, such as taking turns and cooperating (合作) .
Many children’s games have a practical side Children around the world play games that prepare them for work they will do as grown-ups. For instance, some Saudi Arabian children play a game called bones. Which sharpens the hand-eye coordination（協調）needed in hunting.
Many sports encourage national or local pride. The most famous games of all, the Olympic Games, bring athletes from around the world together to take part in friendly competition. People who watch the event wave flags, knowing that a gold medal is a win for an entire country, not just the athlete who earned it. For countries experiencing natural disasters or war, an Olympic win can mean so much.
Sports are also an event that unites people. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. People on all continents play it—some for fun and some for a living. Nicolette Iribarne, a Californian soccer player, has discovered a way to spread hope through soccer. He created a foundation to provide poor children with not only soccer balls but also a promising future.
Next time you play your favorite game or sport, think about why you enjoy it, what skills are needed, and whether these skills will help you in other aspects of your life.
41. Through playing hide-and-seek, children are expected to learn to ________.
A. be a team leader B. obey the basic rules
C. act as a grown-up D. predict possible danger
42. The underlined part in Paragraph 2 most probably means that games can________.
A. describe life in an exciting way
B. turn real-life experiences into a play
C. make learning life skills more interesting
D. change people’s views of sporting event s
43. According to the passage, why is winning Olympic medals so encouraging?
A. It inspires people’s deep love for the country.
B. It proves the exceptional skills of the winners.
C. It helps the country out of natural disasters.
D. It earns the winners fame and fortune.
44. Iribarne’s goal of forming the foundation is to _______.
A. bring fun to poor kids
B. provide soccer balls for children
C. give poor kids a chance for a better life
D. appeal to soccer players to help poor kids
45．What can be inferred from the passage?
A．Ga med benefit people all their lives.
B．Sports can get all athletes together.
C．People are advised to play games for fun.
D．Sports increase a country’s competitiveness.
41.【解析】選B。細節理解題。從第二段中…that teach children some of the basic rules they will be expected to follow the rest of their lives, such as taking turns and cooperating (合作) (教孩子一些他們后半生期望遵從的基本規則,比如按順序和合作)可知答案選B：通過玩捉迷藏,期望孩子們學會遵從基本規則。
43.【解析】選A。推理判斷題。第四段的段落大意是Many sports encourage national or local pride(許多體育運動激勵民族自豪感)，并且舉了奧運會的例子,所以奧運會激發了人們對祖國的深愛。
44.【解析】選C。推理判斷題。倒數第二段最后一句話He created a foundation to provide poor children with not only soccer balls but also a promising future.的意思是：他創立基金會是為了給貧窮的孩子們不但提供足球而且提供一個有前途的未來,言外之意也就是給貧窮的孩子一個過更好生活的機會。所以C選項是對的。注意B項是干擾項,not only…but also..強調的是后者,不是前者。
1. — Tom, you are caught late again. — Oh, ______.
A. not at all B. just my luck C. never mind D. that’s all right
2. The chair looks rather hard, but in fact, it is very comfortable to ______.
A. sit B. sit on C. be sat D. be sat on
3. — This wall of air is an effective answer to the problem and it ______ work.
— But it i s a question to put such a wall of air around the statue.
A. may B. shall C. must D. could
4. — The weather is too cold ______ March this year.— It was still ______ when I came here years ago.
A. for; colder B. in; cold C. in; hot D. for; hotter
5. ______ from endless homework on weekends, the students now find their own activities, such as taking a ride together to watch the sunrise. A. Freed ????????????? B. Freeing ????????????? C. To free ????????????? D. having freed
6. “I still haven’t thanked Aunt Lucy for her present.” “It’s time you ___.”A. do B. did C. had D. would
7. In this experiment, they are wakened several times during the night, and asked to report what they ______.
A. had just been dreaming B. have just been dreaming
C. are just dreaming D. had just dreamt
8. The shop assistant was fired as she was ______ of cheating customers.
A. accused B. charged C. blamed D. caught
9. ______ achievement, last week’s ministerial meeting of the WTO here earned a low, though not failing, grade. A. In honor of????????????? ????????????? B. In case of????????????? C. In terms of????????????? ????????????? D. In face of
10. Sometimes advertisements make ______ possible for companies to sell the customers ______ money can not buy.
A. /；that B. it；what C. that；which D. it；whose
1---10 BBCAA BBACB